- October 8, 2018
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affair 2018
On Octobeer 6, 2018, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Nirman Kusuma’ programme to offer financial aid to the children of the construction workers, for their higher technical education in the state.
“The ‘Nirman Kusuma’ programme will help construction workers’ children to fulfill their dream. This scheme aims to offer financial aid to construction workers’ children for their education in polytechnics and Industrial Training Centers (ITIs)” Said the PM, Naveen Patnaik
Important Highlights of the scheme
- As per the scheme, an ITI student will be eligible for an amount Rs 23,600 as financial assistance and Rs 23,600 of assistance per annum will be given to a diploma student.
- Around 1878 students (approx.) would be benefited under the scheme.
- An amount of Rs. 1.09 crore has already been deposited to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts for the academic year 2018-19.
- The financial aid for the girl students will be higher than that of the boys by 20 percent, as per the decision by the Odisha government. Henceforth, the state will finance the girl students who are in the class VI and till graduation.
- Along with this, the death benefits have been doubled for construction by the state government. Earlier, Rs. 1 lakh was given to the family of the worker as compensation; the amount has been doubled, increased to 2 lakh.
- Accidental compensation for construction worker also has been increased; earlier it was Rs. 2 lakh, now the amount is Rs. 4 lakh.