- September 20, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
Why in News?
The nationwide awareness campaign ‘Digital Payment Abhiyan’ was launched by Union Communications and Electronics and IT Ministry at the Google organized event i.e. “Google for India” in New Delhi.
About the Abhiyan
- Nasscom’s Data Security Council of India (DSCI) has collaborated with Union Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY) and Google India to launch the Digital Payment Abhiyan.
- The campaign aims at increasing awareness about cashless payment, educate end-users on the benefits of making digital payments, online financial security and urge them adopt security and safety best practices.
- It is a pan-India campaign crafted in seven languages – Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Marathi.
- It will engage with end users and make them aware of the dos and don’ts for different payment channels including UPI, wallets, cards as well as net banking and mobile banking.
To make the campaign a successful and to achieve its objectives across all the states, Nasscom’s DSCI has onboarded various digital payments ecosystem partners. These partners include representation from banking, card networks as well as the fintech segment.