- March 30, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
Multi-Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group constituted for J&K
On 29th March, 2019, The Government of India established a Multi-Disciplinary Terror Monitoring Group (MDTMG) to enable strong action against terror financing and other terror related activities in the state of Jammu and Kashmir (J & K). There will be a group meeting every week and action report will be submitted by those groups to the hierarchy.
- The MDTMG wing will be headed by the Additional Director General of Police (CID) of J&K Police.
- Representative from several departments will be a part of this group, such as: Jammu and Kashmir Police, Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Intelligence Bureau (IB), National Investigation Agency (NIA), and Income Tax Department.
India and United States renew Triangular Development Cooperation in Asia and Africa
India signed the first amendment with United States for the Statement of Guiding Principles (SGP) on triangular cooperation for global development on 29th March 2019.
Joint Secretary in the External Affairs Ministry’s Development Partnership Administration -II Division, Devyani Khobragade and Mission Director for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mark Anthony White signed the amendment in India.
- The SGP agreement was first singed in November 2014. It emphasizes the influence India-US partnership for world prosperity and stability.
- As per the first amendment of SGP agreement, the validity of pact is extended up to 2021.
Tripura second in country in child marriage: Report
As per the recent international study on childhood poverty, Tripura comes in 2nd position in the country in terms of child marriagesamong girls between the age of 15 and 19 years. The study titled‘Young lives’ citing data from the National Family Health Survey (2015-16), shows that most of the child marriages take place in the rural areas of three districts.
- A team at the University of Oxford has coordinated for the collaborative research project.
- The study shows that the state Tripura has highest prevalence of child marriages that any others districts in the country.
RBI allows non-residents to participate in rupee interest rate derivatives market
According to a new sanction by The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 27th March 2019, non-residents Indian will now be allowed to participate in the rupee interest rate derivatives market. With the aim to expand rupee interest rate swap (IRS) market, this is decision has been taken by the RBI.
- Foreign portfolio investors, collectively, can transact in interest rate futures up to a limit of net long position of Rs 5,000 crore.
- RBIannounced to provide access to non-residents into the interest rate swap market with a view to increase participation in the domestic market.