- November 4, 2018
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affair 2018
On 1St November, 2018, The Ministry of Railways brought the ‘Unreserved Mobile Ticketing’ facility (UTS on Mobile) to smoothen the booking process of unreserved tickets all over the country, eradicating waiting process and keeping passenger from standing in queues for purchasing tickets.
Following to which, the unreserved tickets booking process will be made available on mobile from November 1st 2018 across all non-suburban sections across all Zonal Railways. This is an attempt to promote 3 C’s. Which are 1) Cashless Transaction or otherwise known as Digital Payment, 2) Contactless Ticketing and 3) Customer Convenience and Experience.
Booking of unreserved tickets through mobile app was actually launched in December, 2014 as a pilot project on selected stations in Central Railways to offer passenger the expediency of swiftly booking the unreserved tickets.
Progressively, this project of booking unreserved tickets through mobile was spread to all metropolitan cities like Delhi, Chennai, Secunderabad and Kolkata, accompanied by paperless ticketing from 2015 to 2017 .
The mobile app named ‘UTSONMOBILE’ also has been introduced in 2015 on Non-Suburban sections, such as Delhi-Palwal section of Northern Railway and was later extended to South Central, Northern, South Western, South East Central, , East Coast and South Eastern Railways.
Ticket Booking Process
- The mobile app UTSONMOBILE’ is available on Android, Apple store and windows mobile platform, which let you book unreserved tickets, season tickets and platform tickets as well.
- The app involves process similar to any other mobile app, e.g. you have to download the app from the respective app store and do the rest by following the registration process.
- One registered successfully, you will be given user ID and password through which you will be able to login and book your desired ticket in the ticketing area.
- The payment for the tickets book can be done via debit card, credit card, e-wallet, UPI, net-banking and R-wallet, which directly promotes the govt’s initiative to promote digital payment mode.