One of the most difficult things about preparing for the UPSC CSE is trying to remember everything you need to know. Even if you are the best student in the Best IAS Coaching Institutes in Delhi, there will still be large portions of the syllabus that you are struggling to recall. This is where these seven memory-boosting tips come in handy. The first thing you should do is to break down the syllabus into manageable chunks. If you try to memorize everything from your syllabus at once, it will be difficult to remember anything.
Memory Tricks for UPSC CSE
- According to a survey by UPSC, CSE is one of the most difficult exams to clear.
- The main reason for this is the vast syllabus that aspirants have to mug up.
- However, there are certain memory tricks that can help you boost your memory power and clear the UPSC CSE exam.
- One such trick is to create an association between the facts that you need to remember and something that you can visualize easily. For example, if you need to remember the name of a particular river, associate it with a landmark that lies on its banks.
- Another effective memory trick is known as the Method of Loci or the Memory Palace technique. This involves picturing oneself in a familiar place and then placing the objects to be remembered at different locations in that place.
Make a Study Schedule
- Make a study schedule: It is important to have a study schedule when preparing for the UPSC CSE exam. This will help you to focus on your studies and not get distracted by other things.
- Follow a routine: Having a routine will help you to stay on track with your studies. Make sure to stick to your schedule and don’t skip any days.
- Take breaks: Don’t try to study for long hours at a time. Take breaks in between so that you can relax and rejuvenate yourself. This will help you to retain information better.
- Get enough sleep: Sleep plays an important role in memory retention. Make sure that you are getting enough sleep every night so that you can be fresh and alert for your studies the next day.
Repeat Information out loud
One of the best tips to boost your memory for clearing the UPSC CSE is to repeat information out loud. This will help you to remember the information better and also keep you focused while you are studying.
Another great tip is to create a study schedule aligning with your classes from the Best Civil Services Coaching Institute in Delhi and stick to it. This will help you to make sure that you are studying regularly and not forgetting any important information.
Finally, make sure that you take breaks while you are studying. This will help you to relax and not get overwhelmed by the amount of information that you need to remember.
Organize Information using mnemonic devices
Organizing information using mnemonic devices can be a great way to boost your memory for clearing UPSC CSE. Here are some of the best tips to help you get started:
- Use acronyms to create associations. For example, if you need to remember the order of the planets in our solar system, you can use the acronym “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas” to help you remember (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto).
- Another helpful technique is called the peg method. This involves associating items on a list with specific numbers (or “pegs”). For example, you could associate the number 1 with the word “sun,” 2 with “moon,” 3 with “star,” and so on.
Use all your Senses
It’s no secret that the human brain is an amazing thing. But did you know that there are certain things you can do to make it even more powerful? Here are 7 tips to help boost your memory and clear the UPSC CSE:
- Use all your senses. The more senses you engage while learning something, the better you’ll remember it. So if you’re reading a textbook, take breaks to look at pictures or videos related to the material. Or if you’re listening to a lecture, take notes by hand instead of typing them on a laptop.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is essential for consolidating memories and ensuring that they’re stored in long-term memory. So make sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night during exam season.
Take Breaks and Move Around
It is a well-known fact that to retain information better, one should take breaks and move around while studying. Here are some tips to help you boost your memory while preparing for the UPSC CSE:
- Give yourself regular breaks: It is important to give your brain some time to rest and rejuvenate in between study sessions. When you take breaks, your brain gets an opportunity to process the information it has learned and this helps improve your memory retention.
- Get some exercise: Exercise not only helps improve your overall health but also has been shown to boost memory power. A healthy body means a healthy mind!
- Eat healthy: Eating foods rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to help improve memory function. So make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and fish in your diet.
In conclusion, following these seven best tips curated by the Best UPSC Coaching Institute in Delhi to boost your memory will help you immensely in clearing the UPSC CSE. A strong and sharp memory is the key to success in this examination. While some of these tips may seem simple, they can make a world of difference when it comes to remembering information for the UPSC CSE. So, start following these tips today and see your memory improve in no time!