- February 8, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
US-India CEO Forum to be held on February 14; American members of Forum announced
Wilbur Ross, US Commerce Secretary announced the names of the American private sector members of the US-India CEO Forum on February 7, 2019. Ajay Banga, CEO of MasterCard and Steve Mollenkopf, CEO of Qualcomm Are amongst the members of the US-India CEO Forum.
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu and US Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross will chair the forum
- James Taiclet, the Chairman, President and CEO of the American Tower Corporation, will be the US Private Sector Co-chair of the forum.
India climbs 8 Spots in 2019 International Intellectual Property Index; ranks 36th
The 2019 International Intellectual Property (IP) Index shows that, India has climbed eight places and is ranked at 36th position among 50 countries. Country’s total score has increased from 30.07 percent in 2018 to 36.04 percent in 2019.
- “The development reflects significant reforms employed by Indian policymakers for building and supporting an innovation ecosystem for foreign investors and domestic entrepreneurs alike”said per the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- India’s score signifies the leading gain of any country measured on the Index, for the second year in a row.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Guidelines launched for States to implement scheme; PM-Kisan Portal launched
On February 7, 2019, The Union Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare launched a platform named PM Kisan, with a website http://pmkisan.nic.in, under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) for uploading the details of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMF).
- Small and marginal farmers will be provided income through Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- An income support of Rs 6000 will be provided to Small and marginal farmers in 3 equal installment directly into their account.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban): Government institutes PMAY (U) Awards to reward top performers
On February 8, 2019,The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs introduced the ‘PMAY (U) awards for Implementation and Innovation’ under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) to reward the “Top Performers” in several categories and reach the goal of ‘Housing for All’ in a persistent manner.
- The Award has 3 extensive stages. The first stage is for States, UTs and Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) for enactment on key indicators of the Mission.
- There would be separate competition among Municipal Corporations and Municipalities within the ULBs.