- March 4, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
INDIA, BRUNEI SIGN AGREEMENT ON EXCHANGE OF TAX INFORMATION
The Union Government and Bruneion February 28, 2019 signed a pact for the Interchange of Information and Assistance in Collection with respect to Taxes (TIEA) in New Delhi.
High Commissioner of Brunei Darussalam to India Dato Paduka Haji Sidek Ali and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman Pramod Chandra Mody signed the pact.
- The agreement allows exchange of information, such as banking and ownership information between the two countries for tax purposes.
- The agreement is based on international standards of tax transparency and exchange of information that allows sharing of information automatically and on request.
INDIA-BANGLADESH JOINT MILITARY EXERCISE (EXERCISE SAMPRITI 2019) BEGINS
Exercise Sampriti 2019, which is a joint military exercise involving India and Bangladesh, started on March 2 2019 at Tangail, Bangladesh. Both the countries have been alternatively hosting the exercise. This is the 8th edition. Exercise Sampriti is a significant bilateral endeavor between India and Bangladesh, resulted from ongoing India-Bangladesh defense cooperation. The exercise will end on March 15, 2019.
- This is an exercise to build, strengthen and promote positive relations between the two armies of the countries.
- The exercise will lay ground for both the army to understand tactical level operations of each other’s.
Prayagraj Kumbh 2019 Ends; makes it to Guinness World Records
With the sixth and final “Shahi Snan” (royal bath) Prayagraj Kumbh Mela 2019 ended on March 4, 2019. The “Sahi Snan” was held on the occasion of Maha Shivratri.
There are six bathing festivals in Kumbh, amongst which the “Sahi Snan” is the most holy one. With more than 22 crore pilgrims taking a holy dip, other bathing festivals were also held successfully.
Kumbh Mela 2019 also made it to the Guinness World Records in three segments.
- The biggest traffic and crowd management plan
- The largest painting application of public sites under paint my city scheme
- Largest and the most well-throughout sanitation and waste disposal mechanism
President gives approval to regulation allowing voluntary use of Aadhaar
Indian president has given approvalto aregulation that enables intentional use of Aadhaar as ID proof for opening bank accounts and obtaining mobile SIM cards. The regulation was demanded because the Rajya Sabha could not favor the Aadhaar and other laws (Amendment Bill) 2018.
- The Union Cabinet had approved the decree of a regulation to give effect to changes suggested in Aadhaar and two others legislations last week.
- The amendments provide for rigid penalties for defilement of norms set for the use of Aadhaar and defilement of privacy.