- February 20, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
Union Government launches three women safety initiatives
Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi jointly with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched three significant initiativeson February 18, 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi to encourage the safety of women in working spaces, living space and in public spaces.
- The initiatives comprise Investigation Tracking System for Sexual Offences (ITSSO), Emergency Response Support System and Safe City Implementation Monitoring Portal.
- Andhra Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, UP, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman, Dadar Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Jammu and Kashmir are the states and UTs where Emergency Response Support System was launched.
India, Morocco sign four MoUs to enhance cooperation
On February 18, 2019 India and Morocco signed four MoU safter the delegation-level discussion between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and her Moroccan counterpart Nasser Bourita in Rabat. The agreement will mainly focus on building of joint working group on counter terrorism, reciprocal facilitation for youth matter and issuance of business visa, and cooperation in human and housing settlement.
- Sushma Swaraj, the Indian External Affairs Minister is on a 4-day three nation tour to Bulgaria, Morocco and Spain
- Sushma’s visit to Bulgaria is the first-ever visit of an Indian External Affairs Minister to the nation.
President confers Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony on February 18, 2019 , to Bangladesh cultural organization Chhayanaut, Ram Sutar Vanji and Singhajit Singh for the years 2014, 2015 and 2016 respectively at a function in Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra, New Delhi.
- The award is given annually and carries an amount of Rs one crore.
- The award may be divided between two persons or institutions.
16 US states sue Trump over national emergency
President Donald Trump has been sued by Sixteen US States for his statement to declare a national emergency to unblock billions of dollars for his controversial wall along the border with Mexico.
- The lawsuit came after the declaration by trump on national emergency
- The National Emergencies Act permits the President to announce a national emergency and unravel a stash of funds by petitioning certain statutory authority.