- February 13, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
RBI penalizes seven banks for violating various norms
The Reserve Bank of India imposed monetary penalty on seven banks for non-compliance with numerous directions issued by the RBI on observing of end use of funds, KYC norms and exchanging information with other banks etc., in the first week of February 2019.
- Under the provisions of Section 47A (1) (c) and Section 46 (4) (i) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, the penalties were imposed.
- Earlier in January 2019, Axis Bank, Syndicate Bank, and UCO Bank were penalized by the Apex Bank for their non-compliance.
Defence Ministry begins process of procurement of 111 Naval Helicopters for Indian Navy
On February 12, 2019 The Defence Ministry issued Manifestation of interest for shortlisting foreign Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and potential Indian strategic partners for the obtaining of Naval Utility Helicopters (NUH) for the Indian Navy with an estimated budget of over Rs 21,000 crore.
- Newly procured Naval Utility Helicopters will replace Chetak Helicopters
- They will be used for torpedo drops, CASEVAC (Casualty evacuation), Low Intensity Maritime Operations (LIMO) etc.
NITI Aayog signs agreement to document systemic transformation in education
A Statement of Intent (SOI) has been signed by the NITI Aayog with Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) on February 12, 2019 to bring systematic reforms to public school education for codifying, documenting and sharing best practices to improve learning outcomes.
- A joint team comprising state leaders, consultants, research agencies and educators are expected to work on their joint experiences of working with various state governments in India.
- Refining learning outcomes at scale will require a synchronized and real-time effort with both governance and academic reforms.
India’s first Aqua Mega Food Park commissioned in Andhra Pradesh
Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, commissioned Godavari Mega Aqua Food Park on February 12, 2019 at Tundurru Village in Bhimavaram Mandal, West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, through Video conferencing.
- It will be the first Mega Aqua Food Park operationalised exclusively for fish and marine products
- This project has been set up at a cost of Rs. 122.60 crores in 57.81 acre of land.