- February 11, 2019
- Posted by: @webmaster
- Category: Current Affairs News
Abu Dhabi adds Hindi as third official court language
The Abu Dhabi Judicial Department has added Hindi as the third official language, alongside Arabic and English. Hindi will be used in city courts from now on.
The objective of this move is to let foreigners know their rights, duties and litigation procedures without any language barrier that prevailed before. Moreover, the judicial department is going to facilitate registration processes through integrated forms accessible through the judicial department’s website.
- This move by Abu Dhabi Judicial Department can increase the transparency in the litigation procedure and will be helpful in improving access to justice.
- The adoption of new languages byAbu Dhabi Judicial Department comes as part of the bilingual litigation system, the first phase of which was launched in November 2018. The new set of procedures requires plaintiffs to translate case documents in civil and commercial lawsuits into English, if the defendant is a foreigner.
PM Modi launches 24×7 satellite channel ‘DD Arun Prabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh
On February 9, 2019, PM Narendra Modi launched a 24×7 Satellite channel, ‘DD Arun Prabha’ for Arunachal Pradesh, during his visit to Assam and Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh. DD Arun Prabha channel is dedicated to the state of Arunachal Pradesh only and is the 2nd channel for the northeastern region from Doordarshan, the 1st one being DD Northeast.
- The channel will acquaint people across the country with the rich culture and unseen beauty of the State.
- It is prepared with modern facilities, which include a Digital Satellite News Gathering unit to send live coverage from remote locations for 24×7 telecast.
First batch of 4 Chinook helicopters arrive in India from US
The Chinook, also known as CH-47F (I), a heavy lift helicopter from Boeing, 4 of which arrived on February 10, 2019 at Mundra airport in Gujarat. The Chinook Helicopters are procured from United States and likely to give boost to the heavy-lift capabilities of Indian Air Force (IAF) and reinforce the defense ties with the United States.
- Chinooks are multi-mission helicopters with a ton of advance features for that unmatched strategic airlift capability to the Indian armed forces, especially in combat missions.
- These helicopters are specifically designed for carrying battlefield resupply, troops’ transportation and carrying artillery. With 10 ton lifting capacity, this machine will be a boon to our Air Force.
Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi elected as new chair of African Union
On February 10, 2019, Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi elected as the chair of the African Union (AU) after a discussion by heads of state from the continent in Ethiopia’s capital city, Addis Ababa. Abdel Fattah el-Sisi is expected to focus on rebuilding efforts of countries recuperating from conflict and the fight against armed groups on the continent.
- The aims of the Egypt as the Chair of African Union will be to focus more on security and peacekeeping, while giving less concentration to administrative and financial reforms.
- Mediation and preventive diplomacy will be one of the key mechanisms to promote peace and security on the continent.